Dark Passion Site
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Página de fans de Nightwish

PortalÍndiceBuscarÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Comparte | 

Novedades sobre las grabaciones

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2
AutorMensaje
Sophia Kroon DeVries
El mejor avatar
El mejor avatar

Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 _
MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Sáb 12 Mar 2011, 01:21

y no hay prisa dice Anette!

Rolling Eyes
TUSUMI
One of the lost ones
One of the lost ones
TUSUMI

Femenino

MensajeTema: COOL   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Dom 13 Mar 2011, 01:38

esta fantastico valdra la espera ya me dejo mas anciosa tiene un gran sonido super genial m gusto mucho Party Corazoncitos
Siren
Ocean Soul
Ocean Soul
Siren

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 18 Mar 2011, 20:29

Tuomas ha vuelto a escribir sobre el proceso de grabación (aunque más bien parece una serie de desgracias)

Citación :
A week or so ago I felt the Curse of the Mummy was cast upon us. The vocal recordings were set to begin on Monday March 7th but Anette fell at her home just a few days before that and broke her rib. Thinking positive, luckily just that, from the sound of it it could`ve been much worse. So now she just needs to rest and heal well before we continue, the new vocal recording date set to the beginning of April. We`ll take our time and do nothing half-way at this point.

So we called Marco to enter the studio for a couple of days before he left for winter holidays with his family. We figured we need to make the best of the booked studio time anyway. The first thing he told me on Tuesday was that he`d slipped on his front porch and hurt his rib, not sure if he`ll be able to sing. At the same time Mikko (Karmila, the recording engineer) was lying in bed, sick to the core.

On Wednesday Marco was still hurting, Anette hadn`t improved at all, Mikko was still sick in bed and Tero (Kinnunen, the other recording engineer) was run over by a horse and a cart (!)

There was 3 more weeks of studio time left and I was alone sipping some Shiraz by the studio`s mixing console trying to come up with a counter - spell to put the poor mummy`s soul to rest.

Now, a week later things are looking much brighter. Marco was actually able to sing a couple of tracks thanks to Mr. Burana, Tero hurt his pride worse than his body, Mikko is back from the dead, and I just heard Anette was able to go outside for the first time in two weeks. Wonderful news! I also got all my keyboard, piano & hammond - parts recorded, we got majority of the soundscapes a`la Mr. Jussi Tegelman put in place and Mikko already started the editing process. So no studio time wasted after all.

Now it`s all about waiting for Anette to get well, getting Marco to record the rest of his vocals, and flying Troy over to record his pipes and show us some of his legendary magic.

In the meanwhile, a beautiful springtime to everyone. I`ll write more soon.

Tuomas

Sophia Kroon DeVries
El mejor avatar
El mejor avatar
Sophia Kroon DeVries

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Sáb 19 Mar 2011, 01:25

The curse of the mummy llegó hasta mí y todo. Ojalá que se recuperen todos muy pronto de esto
Karlos
Admin
Karlos

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Sáb 19 Mar 2011, 01:32

pobre Marco... y vaya tela... lo estaba leyendo antes por facebook y no estaba como "no puede ser" XDD tienen el gafe!! jaja esperemos que no pase nada más y siga todo adelante
Elena Holopainen
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Elena Holopainen

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Sáb 19 Mar 2011, 09:33

Menuda racha les ha caido,me recuerda a esa leyenda negra de los accidentes que ocurrieron durante el rodaje de "El Exorcista"
Ankoku
One of the lost ones
One of the lost ones
Ankoku

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Dom 20 Mar 2011, 00:20

El vídeo, aunque muestra muy poco, es suficiente para que nos podamos imaginar que este disco puede ser la leche... espero que todo vaya bien y que a Anette no le pase nada porque vaya racha...
Cecig
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
Cecig

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Dom 20 Mar 2011, 02:35

realmente si q tienen mala suerte jeje, pobres, q se recuperen pronto
Morgana85
Admin
Morgana85

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Jue 24 Mar 2011, 14:40

más actualizaciones!

Marco's Pentax Update
de Tuomas Holopainen, el jueves, 24 de marzo de 2011 a las 14:26

Hello dear people and fans!

I've been here at the studio for a couple of days trying to sing. Amateur that I am seems to get nothing done right. I've been crying and laughing. I've been jumping down from the roof into the snowpiles. The guys have been whipping me on but the only thing left to show the world are the scars on my butt. Mikko shot a very nice picture of them.

To be honest I'm actually almost done. I've been spewing out words and notes like a radiostation. Just one song left, an overall check if I need to fill in some places, and my work is over for now. The mummy's curse Tuomas mentioned seems to have lifted a bit. I sailed under it to Thailand and back and got better. Stand back please, I'm spitting over my shoulder! Trying to hit the undead curselaying old fart of course.

At the moment my responsibilities are writing this report and getting the sauna warm for the evening. So... Is there something else I should tell you about before we get all naked and sweaty? Ah-ha! No more questions! Hold that image!

Cheers!

Marco.

Imaginarium update
de Tuomas Holopainen, el jueves, 24 de marzo de 2011 a las 14:18

If you were to witness an unprecedented magic trick that could not be explained rationally, would you want to know how it is done?

A child experiences something new and unique each day. Something that is often impossible for the child to put into words without the guidance or explanation of an adult. Often the explanation has disappointed us. Sometimes it’s better not to know the truth.

If you had the chance to return to your childhood -- just for a split second -- when witnessing a magic trick, would you forfeit that chance and seek for a rational explanation?

Imaginarium is all about such questions. They have been answered by many people who have worked with the album and the movie already in the planning stages. As the final storyboard is being created, the producers, the director, the band, the production designer, the concept artists, and the casting director all work together to perfect their various arts for the movie. Contradictorily, they often have to ask the question: “How can we weave that kind of magic?”

The script has seen many improvements, more than ever before. The truth about movie production is that the script is often polished right until the first day of shooting, sometimes even during the shooting. At the moment, a lot of loose ends are being tied together, and a lot of characters are changed substantively to act as either a negative or a positive force in the story.

The SFX and prop design is underway, as well as the casting for the main roles. Storyboard drawing is interrupted momentarily, as concept art is needed to outline the characters and the environments.

We’ve experimented with arranging the background score with the actual songs off the album, and the best indicator of success is the amount of goose bumps the combination has raised.

These are exciting times, because the decisions being made now largely shape the finished movie. We can only say that we’re already immensely proud of it.

We’ve travelled a long road, but not until the next crossroads can we distinguish a sign “Imaginarium, X miles”

Elena Holopainen
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Elena Holopainen

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Jue 24 Mar 2011, 15:44

Marco como siempre en su linea xDDDD pues creo que las cuestiones que plantea Tuomas son bastante interesantes.Todo esto promete,y cada vez mas
death_dreams
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
death_dreams

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Mar 29 Mar 2011, 15:54

Marco es un crack XD y lo que plantea Tuomas suena la leche de bien.... joooooooooooooooo**r qué ganas de que salga ya XD
death_dreams
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
death_dreams

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Dom 10 Abr 2011, 14:37

Ayer publicó Tuomas novedades del estudio, aunque ya están comentadas por Anette en su blog, pero aquí os dejo lo que ha escrito Tuomas en la Web:

Petrax Studio, March 2011, part III

Time to add the final touches for Imaginarium while waiting for Anette to get well. This means the celtic magic of Mr. Troy Donockley with his pipes & bodhran, the smoking fingers of Mr. Pekka Kuusisto with his violin and some additional percussion & tribal drums.

I picked up Troy at the airport on Saturday night while Jukka and Kai (Hahto) were generating some new percussive ideas and boozing at Petrax. When we returned they had already nailed all tambourines, shaman drums etc. Satisfied with the day`s work we celebrated the Cumbrian - Carelian Dead Poets` reunion by entering the realm of the ultimate alchemic magic potion called Salmari. Jari (Sinkkonen of "Kotiteollisuus") also joined us during the night to do a new tattoo for Jukka.

It took one and a half days for Troy to record his pipes and bodhran. He even ended up doing some singing in one of the songs, which was a killer of a last-minute-idea. This particular tune has grown up to be one of the highlights of the whole album. Saturday evening was filled with the much anticipated Troy`s magic show, sauna & a youtube medley consisting some of our all-time faves like the ultimate tenor fail, cat vs. printer w / translation, Sony releasing a stupid piece of shit that doesn`t f...ing work, etc.

Pekka`s violin virtuosity stunned us once again when he joined us on Monday night to play a couple of leads. His hand-written notes make medical doctors` prescriptions look like Rembrandt`s art. A true genius of a musician with a big heart.

A huge thanks and eternal gratitude to all of you fellow imagineers contributing to this album! A special appreciation goes to Tiina & Petri, our studio hosts, caretakers and dear friends at Petrax.

At the moment we are recording Anette`s vocals, 7 songs done so far. She hasn`t quite cured from her broken ribs yet but fortunately it doesn`t affect her singing at all. She`s never sounded better. Time to enter the lair of Mr. Karmila now and start devouring song # 8.

Greetings from the rainiest & grayest Helsinki,

Tuomas
Karlos
Admin
Karlos

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Lun 11 Abr 2011, 21:08

Anette acaba de decir en su blog que ya están todas las canciones grabadas. A partir de mañana escucharán todo para ver si quiere cambiar o añadir cosas y luego a mezclar. Qué ganas!!
white night
Ocean Soul
Ocean Soul
white night

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 22 Abr 2011, 12:37

Anette escribe despues de mucho tiempo en el diario sobre las grabaciones :

Finnvox Studios / Helsinki, April 2011

Last time I wrote a studio diary was back in 2007 after 3 weeks of recording my vocals, hiding out in the deep forests of Finland. No one knew my name as the new singer of Nightwish. Today I read through it for the first time since then, and well, I must say that I recognize a lot and laughed even more while reading it.

Things were naturally a bit different in 2007 compared to today. I went into the studio with a radically different starting position. I am not a secret anymore, I know the songs really well and have already recorded them in a demo session in Röskö. The songs were made for my voice and this time I could sing them with much more confidence. This also made my time in the studio much shorter than last time and we all worked really fast and efficient, like a racing team - we all knew our positions ;=)

We started out on Monday and I took a cab from the hotel, knowing that I had visited Finnvox Studios only once before. Then it was for a listening session for Dark Passion Play. What I didn`t remember was that it was far out in a factory area hidden between lots of other grey buildings. This famous studio looks kinda greyish and not so special when you first get closer, but when you get inside and see all the gold records hanging in the hallway, all the photos of famous musicians in the stairs you know this is the place for big things and big recordings. Of course Imaginarium needs to pass through this pit stop, too!

After hugging and having a short brief with Tuomas about practical things with Imaginarium tour and future plans, he took me to "my room" and when I entered I was so surprised! The room looked like my own little "Shangri-la". Lots of candles burning, pink and red carpets and fabrics that were hung to make it comfortable. Candy, teas, coffees, nuts, fashion magazines, a cosy lounging chair, a big framed poster with us all, and lots of other little things to make me feel at home. Teemu, our dear pyro tech had been there to make me feel welcome and get into a nice singing mood. So thanks to Teemu & the guys, my days at Finnvox got even nicer!

We took a great song to start with and even if my rib still gave me some pain my singing worked well. A little bit of tiredness from flying two days in a row, but still the whole day floated well and it was simply a great start for me.

Our goal was to do one song per day but we actually made something like 1,5 per day and were done in 8 days. We started at 10 and ended around 15 or 16 every day. Took shorter breaks but mainly we just worked and worked. I like to be efficient and when I start to sing I get into the mood and then stopping and taking a long break can just make me loose the feeling and cadence. And Imaginarium has a lot of different feelings in it, different ways for me to interpret the songs. Tuomas, Tero and Mikko were there to guide me to sing even better and to create those little things in every song that make it "historical", as Tero always says, haha!

Every time we were about to start recording a song, I first just sat down and listened to the songs with the orchestra, choir, solos and everything else I hadn`t heard yet, and I must say that I got the shivers every time. From recording the demo to getting the whole package with everything added is just a thrill! And I can hear that Pip and Tuomas just get better and better in using the orchestras, different instruments and voices.

After having listened to a song and heard the new things, I went to "my studio", did some warm-ups and then we started with the recordings. We took it in parts and mainly did the verses first. I sang the part over and over for a couple of times until we felt we had it. Then I doubled and tripled the whole thing if we wanted a fuller sound, as we did mainly in the faster songs. Then it varied if we did the harmonies for that specific part directly or if we continued and recorded the lead parts for the whole song before doing the harmonies. It also depended on my mood and how good my voice felt. I got food poisoning one day and threw up for 9 hours straight, affecting some parts of my voice. I was tired and weak so the day after I didn`t feel my high soft voice was perfect and therefore we didn`t take those high harmonies until the next day.

After 8 days of recording all the songs were recorded and all we had left were some harmonies here and there to fix, and then we just jumped from song to song and added what Tuomas felt was missing. Tuomas is great to work with and he is really clear with what he wants in every song. He is so devoted to the album, to getting every little piece perfect and I know he won`t sleep or rest well until the whole album is mixed and mastered and put into a safe somewhere. When I was done, I felt that little "empty" feeling I get when I have completed something. A little bit sad `cause I had so much fun and I just love to sing in the studio, this album being such a thrill for me. So many songs, all of them very different and I just gotta love the challenge. To get more out of my voice than before and to be part of this massive music where all of us, every musician that plays on it, is the key to make it work. To make Imaginarium come alive! And believe me - it will be one hell of a ride for us all;=)

On we go! Next step for me is to do some acting in the movie, but let´s take it one step at a time. Now I´ll enjoy the summer before all that happens! All best to everybody!

Anette

Written by Anette on April 22, 2011
Sophia Kroon DeVries
El mejor avatar
El mejor avatar
Sophia Kroon DeVries

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 22 Abr 2011, 17:03

qué bueno es leer todo esto. me gusta el positivismo alrededor de todo el trabajo, la manera en que Anette relata hace parecer las cosas muy armónicas.
death_dreams
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
death_dreams

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 22 Abr 2011, 23:00

Qué bueno es leer noticias de Anette ^^ La espera está siendo larga... a ver si sale ya el disco leche! XD
victoria
Apprentice
Apprentice
victoria

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Mar 26 Abr 2011, 23:31

parece que todo va bien, espero que no se vuelva a retrasar otra vez que las ganas ya no se pueden aguantar Very Happy
Morgana85
Admin
Morgana85

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Jue 09 Jun 2011, 22:58

nueva actualización!!

Studio diary / May-June / Finnvox

de Nightwish, el jueves, 09 de junio de 2011 a las 22:52

After
three years of brainstorming and songwriting, over a year of
rehearsing, arranging and studio work, this triumph of musical passion
and piety is finally ready to be mastered. Yesterday, after a six-week
mixing session in Studio C at Finnvox, I listened the whole thing from
start to finish alone for the first time, and couldn't make heads nor
tails of it. It's the same old story - the same feeling of bottomless
emptiness that has marked the completion of all previous albums. We
could have honed the songs till Armageddon, but at some point you just
have to let go and start admiring the scenery. This time, the landscape
consists of 13 songs totalling 75 minutes. I think I'll probably be
able to savour the end result only after a couple of months of mixing
detox, but the encouraging comments by those near to me assure that it
is a decent album. One person who heard Imaginarium called it "the greatest adventure he ever heard with his two ears". There's
clearly more grin to the new album than on the last one, more funfair,
Moomins, smoky taverns, and twisted landscapes. It equals the Milky
Way in width and breath, even according to our standards. As Markus Selin put it: "Now you've really gone and emptied the bag of tricks!" We're
now going to get some distance to the album before mastering it later
in the autumn. Meanwhile, we're going to be busy designing the cover,
completing the instrumental and orchestral versions of the album,
planning the upcoming tour, shooting the movie, and digesting the audio
bloat. An excellent cure for the latter should be peaceful country
atmosphere, fishing, and following the games of the current pesäpallo
season. (By the way, during the home games of Kiteen Pallo, the entry
music will be a remix consisting of the main riff and chorus of song
number 11 off Imaginarium.) Big thanks and bear
hugs to the whole band for their patience; to Mikko Karmila and Tee Cee
Kinnunen for their forbearance, craftsmanship and enormous amount of
work; and in advance to Mika Jussila for the finishing touch! It's been
a magnificent journey so far. Big thanks to you, too, for living with
us through this process and having faith in what's to come. I'm sure
you won't be disappointed. TuomasKitee, June 5th, 2011
Elena Holopainen
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Wishmaster/Wishmistress
Elena Holopainen

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Jue 09 Jun 2011, 23:05

Asi que la cosa avanza, y por lo visto el album nos puede sorprender.La espera me esta matando!
death_dreams
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
death_dreams

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Jue 09 Jun 2011, 23:56

"·)$&/"·%)&Y/"·)%&" yo antes de que salga el disco me he comido un brazo (porque no me quedarán uñas que morderme) XD
Karlos
Admin
Karlos

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 10 Jun 2011, 09:44

dioss qué ganas!! Ya podrían sacar pronto aunque sea la carátula!! >.<
suena todo tan bien... jajaj
entonces la entrada de los partidos de Kiteen Pallo ahora se hará con un remix de la canción 11... hmmm.... ojalá cuelguen algún video antes de que salga el disco XDD
Morgana85
Admin
Morgana85

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 10 Jun 2011, 11:35

Karlos escribió:
dioss qué ganas!! Ya podrían sacar pronto aunque sea la carátula!! >.<
suena todo tan bien... jajaj
entonces la entrada de los partidos de Kiteen Pallo ahora se hará con un remix de la canción 11... hmmm.... ojalá cuelguen algún video antes de que salga el disco XDD

ojalá!!! pero seguro que tendremos la mala suerte de que lo graba alguien y lo sube con calidada chunga XD
white night
Ocean Soul
Ocean Soul
white night

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Vie 10 Jun 2011, 13:26

que larga se está haciendo la espera!!! que ganas de escuchar algo aunque sea un poquito de alguna canción
mrs. vampy
Dreamer
Dreamer
mrs. vampy

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11Dom 12 Jun 2011, 21:07

Dice Anette en su blog que Tuomas dice... XD

Finnvox Studios / Helsinki, May-June 2011

After three years of brainstorming and songwriting, over a year of rehearsing, arranging and studio work, this triumph of musical passion and piety is finally ready to be mastered. Yesterday, after a six-week mixing session in Studio C at Finnvox, I listened the whole thing from start to finish alone for the first time, and couldn't make heads nor tails of it. It's the same old story - the same feeling of bottomless emptiness that has marked the completion of all previous albums. We could have honed the songs till Armageddon, but at some point you just have to let go and start admiring the scenery. This time, the landscape consists of 13 songs totalling 75 minutes. I think I'll probably be able to savour the end result only after a couple of months of mixing detox, but the encouraging comments by those near to me assure that it is a decent album. One person who heard Imaginarium called it "the greatest adventure he ever heard with his two ears".

There's clearly more grin to the new album than on the last one, more funfair, Moomins, smoky taverns, and twisted landscapes. It equals the Milky Way in width and breath, even according to our standards.

As Markus Selin put it: "Now you've really gone and emptied the bag of tricks!"

We're now going to get some distance to the album before mastering it later in the autumn. Meanwhile, we're going to be busy designing the cover, completing the instrumental and orchestral versions of the album, planning the upcoming tour, shooting the movie, and digesting the audio bloat. An excellent cure for the latter should be peaceful country atmosphere, fishing, and following the games of the current pesäpallo season. (By the way, during the home games of Kiteen Pallo, the entry music will be a remix consisting of the main riff and chorus of song number 11 off Imaginarium.)

Big thanks and bear hugs to the whole band for their patience; to Mikko Karmila and Tee Cee Kinnunen for their forbearance, craftsmanship and enormous amount of work; and in advance to Mika Jussila for the finishing touch! It's been a magnificent journey so far. Big thanks to you, too, for living with us through this process and having faith in what's to come. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Tuomas

Kitee 5th of June

algunas fotos aquí
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Novedades sobre las grabaciones   Novedades sobre las grabaciones - Página 2 Invisi11

Novedades sobre las grabaciones

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 2 de 2.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2