Dark Passion Site
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Página de fans de Nightwish

PortalÍndiceBuscarÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Comparte | 

Videos de Tuomas

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AutorMensaje
Cecig
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast

Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 _
MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Sáb 12 Feb 2011, 17:57

este es un video q hice de Tuomas, espero q les guste

Morgana85
Admin
Morgana85

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Jue 17 Feb 2011, 13:15

entrevista a Tuomas realizada este 14 de febrero en Londres

Part 1

Question (missed by video record delay)

Since you described yourself a "Barks fanatic", which one of his Donald Duck stories is your favourite and why?

(Video delay missed off him thinking and trying to decide and asking me if I know the English name of the one he’s describing)

Tuomas: The one where they go camping, in Finnish it’s called “Camp Life” A huge forest fire comes and they dig into the ground, no?

Carol: No, I’ll be able to find out

Tuomas: Camp life, Camping something, I’m ashamed to say I don’t know the English title.

Carol: That’s ok

Tuomas: It’s not ok, it fucking sucks!

Question: If you could choose any artist in the world to collaborate with, who would that person be?

Tuomas: hmm any artist? You’re filming this right? Good I’m in the mood.

Actually I just, 3-4 months ago I met Don Rosa, you know the Disney artist. I had a little chat with him about this project of mine, about writing the theme album about “The life and times of Scrooge McDuck” and I really want that to happen someday, and I’ve kinda started project already. So the answer to this one would be Don Rosa, would be cool to have him do all the artwork and stuff. And he was enthusiastic about the whole thing, but we’ll see.

Question: Out of all the instruments you play, why did you decide to focus on keyboards?

Tuomas: Well that’s the only instrument that I can barely play, if that’s logic enough.

Question: What is your favourite song from each Nightwish album?

Tuomas: Wow ok. It kinda changes as some songs have a more personal meaning, and so on. But I’ll try. From Angels Fall first I go with the last song “Lappi” from Oceanborn it would be “Walking in the air” even though it’s not our song. It’s still the best song ever made in the universe. On Wishmaster it’s definitely “Dead Boy’s Poem” on Century Child it’s..trying to remember all the songs… maybe “Bless the Child”. What’s next? Once?

Carol: You’re asking me?

Tuomas: Okay well that would be “Ghost Love Score” then Dark Passion Play, that’s “Poet and the Pendulum”

Question: How did you feel when you went to Disneyland for the first time?

Tuomas: That was the 26th of May 1990

Carol: Okay that’s freaky

Tuomas: Yeah, at about 9am with my Godmother. It was one of those ultimate moments in life, when I think about it now it’s probably the most nostalgic thing in life. I still have this huge photo album made by my Godmother from that trip and I just… out of words. I’ve been Disneyland 4 times and Disneyworld 8 times since. Even though it’s probably the worst rip off place in the world, sure is and I understand many people dislike it so much. It’s heaven for me and it’s my ‘fix’ that I need to get once a year

Question: What's your the best childhood memory/memories?

Tuomas: Well I just.. If I have to mention just one, if would have to be that.

Question: You now use 4 keyboards live, what are the specific uses for each?

Tuomas: Well I actually need 2 ones the 3rd one makes it much easier, and the 4th one is just to show off. That’s the truth, it’s not my idea it’s the keyboard technicians idea that I have 3, to make it more symmetric you have 1 here. And it’s hard as hell to play it like this. But the keyboard technician said “yeah that looks really cool” I try it but whatever.

Question: What equipment, audio interfaces, recording programs, etc, do normally you use when composing?

Tuomas: I just use the piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar. I never use any computer, no software programmes or anything. So it’s just the keyboard, usually Korg Karma or Oasys and the sequencer inside that keyboard, that I do all the drum beats look like this. Then I quantize them. It’s really sympathetic; at least that’s how the other guys say it. You get the idea of what the songs should sound like.

Question: Why does the Nightingale sing? (Note we did not actually expect a serious response)

Tuomas: I remember this song because my Sister, she’s a parachute jumper and teacher. And I once asked her like 12 years ago, what’s so good about jumping of a plane and flying in the air? What’s the feeling? Why do you do it? Her answer was “why does the Nightingale sing?” And we have never talked about it since. This is a true story. It really made me think and that’s what the song is about as well.

Question: Are you ever curious what your fans discuss on sites such as ours?

Tuomas: I have to be honest that I really rarely go into the websites of Nightwish and my page as well because, it’s a bit hard to explain, you just feel, I always feel this sensation of ultimate blushing when I go there. And sometimes people talk about such deep things that it doesn’t feel right. There’s nothing wrong with that, I just feel it’s easier that I don’t go there and read it.

PART 2

Cont..

But it’s also very flattering seeing people go so deep into the things like lyrcis and music, because it means that they care.

Question: Why did you change the lyrics for the remake of Astral Romance?

Tuomas: Did I?

Carol: Yeah

Tuomas: I did? I can’t remember! Really?

Carol: Yes

Tuomas: Honestly I can’t remember why. Maybe because Tony was doing the singing this time. Honestly I can’t remember I’m sorry.

They made me drink this wine for this interview, so I would be more open up. It’s their fault!

Carol: Lies!

Tuomas: it is

Sarah/Carol: Complete lies!

Tuomas: It’s not a lie.

Question: Why did you decide to record the instruments for forthcoming Nightwish album at your own home instead of the usual studio?

Tuomas: Well. There is one really big reason for this and that’s called money. With modern technology you can pretty much record wherever you want, you have this mobile studio and mixing goods all that stuff, and we thought that being at home. It’s a really comfy environment and much cheaper so just felt like a good thing to do.

Question: How many languages can you speak?

Tuomas: Finnish and a little bit of English, and some swear words in Swedish.

Question: Since Christmas is a magical period for you, how do you spend your typical Christmas?

Tuomas: Christmas is very special to me, I don’t like the hassle but I really enjoy the magic and mythology of Yuletide. I’ve always enjoyed it, and it’s also a time of magic and family for me so out of the 34 Christmases that I’ve spent in my life, I think about 31 I’ve spent with my family; Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister and their families. But it’s really important, and some people say that the older you get the less you care about the presents and it’s more about being together and stuff. I really like getting presents, so I think that’s crap. I love getting presents and giving even more! Every Christmas I always take my time you know, really slowly opening packages, I want it to last and last. It’s so good to have presents.

Carol: I was just annoyed that ours arrived late

Tuomas: Yeah it came like 28th/29th something like that

Carol: Yeah I sent it 12th or something, they said it would take 4 days.

Tuomas: didn’t you have a strike or something

Sarah/Carol: Weather

Sarah: We had 2 inches of snow, and the whole country decided to shut down.

Tuomas: 2 inches!

Carol: We look outside, “no it’s white.. we can’t do anything”

Sarah: The trains stopped running which I thought was funny

Tuomas: And I just got it framed

Carol: Oh cool, so you like it?

Tuomas: It’s wonderful, yeah

Carol: We thought what do we get? We looked at this and we were hmm he may already have it, because we know what you’re like.

Tuomas: I didn’t have it

Carol: We thought we would go for it anyway, but that’s good it’s cool.

Tuomas: Thank you once more.

Question: Do you have a preferred scale to compose with?

Tuomas: I really like F# minor for some reason, I have no idea why. That’s my favourite scale.

Question: Have you ever thought about composing a Christmas Themed song?

Tuomas: It has crossed my mind. There’s this one traditional, actually it’s not a Christmas song but it’s called “Tontu” now all the Finnish people know what I’m talking about but you guys don’t have a clue. It’s called The Gnome, which is not actually a Christmas song but it’s always sang on Christmas time and it’s my all-time favourite Yuletide Carol. And for years I’ve been trying to put it on Nightwish mode to make a cover out of it and maybe someday it will happen. Great stuff.

Question: If you could re-write a film soundtrack, what would it be?

Tuomas: Re-write? I don’t want to re-write any soundtrack because they are so good. If I wanted to re-write a soundtrack it would mean I didn’t like the original. So, just wouldn’t make any sense. I’m not sure I understand the question

Carol: Okay, if you could call a soundtrack one of yours, as I could pick that soundtrack as in “I would write that”

Tuomas: Ah okay. “The Village” by James Newton Howard, that’s the ultimate magic when it comes down to music, that soundtrack for me. I dunno how he did it but it’s unbelievable. 70% of that film belongs to the score, James Newton Howard. Just listen to the violin the riffs, it’s unbelievable. My all-time favourite, together with “The Gladiator” by Hans Zimmer. You know it?

Carol: The Gladiator yeah, but I’ve not seen The Village…yet.. Okay don’t give me that look! I have it saved on my hard drive at home, I have it there to watch, I just have not had the time. I promise I’ll go home and watch it and let you know.

Tuomas: Okay you’re excused.

Question: We all know you like rides etc at theme parks, and we all know you have bungee jumped. Would you ever do something really crazy like sky dive?

Tuomas: I saw my Sister hurt so many times with sky diving so; I think I’m a bit scared of that so I probably would not do it. I done bungee jump, I love roller coaster rides, the crazier the better. I’ve done a lot of scuba diving and kind weird stuff; skydiving is something I probably would not do.

Question: What is your favourite instrument to compose for/like the sound of?

Tuomas: It’s the combined sound of piano and strings on my Korg Oasys.

That was a hard this to say.

Question: What is your most beautiful memory related to Nightwish?

Tuomas: Sorry this is impossible as there are so many. I know it’s a cliché answer but there’s so many. First South American tour, the first Hartwall Arena show, releasing the very first album ..Millions and millions.

I hope the best one is yet to come. No more?

Carol: No

Tuomas: Come on, ask me something!

Carol: I don’t know

Tuomas: This was fun. I’m sorry about my blabbering, it’s really.. I couldn’t help it; they poured it into my mouth.

Carol: yeah yeah!

Sarah: yes, self-poured.
Cecig
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
Cecig

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Jue 17 Feb 2011, 18:03

está muy lindo Tuomas

y me aclaró una duda que teniá, por que usaba 4 teclados, solo para presumir jeje
surix
Ocean Soul
Ocean Soul
surix

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Jue 17 Feb 2011, 22:41

Buenísima entrevista. Esas son las que me gustan, que preguntan cosas curiosas. Me gustó mucho saber de donde viene lo de la canción "Know why the nightingale sings?", que se lo dijo su hermana cuando le preguntó que porque le gustaba a ella tanto el saltar en paracaidas.
Morgana85
Admin
Morgana85

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Jue 17 Feb 2011, 23:34

a mi lo que realmente me ha emocionado es que Don Rosa quiera implicarse en Imaginarium....será que tendremos una película de animación? crucemos los dedos!!!
white night
Ocean Soul
Ocean Soul
white night

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Vie 18 Feb 2011, 14:59

Morgana85 escribió:
a mi lo que realmente me ha emocionado es que Don Rosa quiera implicarse en Imaginarium....será que tendremos una película de animación? crucemos los dedos!!!

viendo la adoración que le tiene a Disney y la aparición de Don Rosa, que no nos extrañe que la pelicula sea de dibujos (yo de hecho me la imagino al estilo de Tim Burton).
Shagrath
El mejor crítico
El mejor crítico
Shagrath

Masculino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Sáb 19 Feb 2011, 08:53

Al estilo Nightmare before Christmas? Tendría su gracia, sí señor. Very Happy
Sophia Kroon DeVries
El mejor avatar
El mejor avatar
Sophia Kroon DeVries

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Sáb 19 Feb 2011, 21:44

me encantó la entrevista. buenas preguntas e interesantes respuestas Cool
TUSUMI
One of the lost ones
One of the lost ones
TUSUMI

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Dom 13 Mar 2011, 02:22

ya esta listo para ser papa que lindo se lo ve y muy linda la ñiña de jukka
TUSUMI
One of the lost ones
One of the lost ones
TUSUMI

Femenino

MensajeTema: CECIG   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Dom 13 Mar 2011, 02:28

sta buenisimo tu video d tuomas recien lo vi m gusto ya quisiera saber como se hace lindo como siempre tuomas
Cecig
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
Cecig

Femenino

MensajeTema: Tuomas en tv Finlandesa   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Miér 16 Mar 2011, 04:08

Hey, encontre este video, viene con subtitulos en ingles, esta ps agradable, no hablan mucho sobre Nightwish, es un poco mas acerca de tuomas, espero les guste

pd. esta bueno como se pone un poco incomodo Tuomas al hablar de matrimonio XD

Cecig
The Beauty/The Beast
The Beauty/The Beast
Cecig

Femenino

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11Jue 14 Abr 2011, 20:59

Videos de 1994 de Tuomas tocando el saxofón con Plamen Dimov (su profesor) y otros estudiantes. Tenía 18 años.

[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver este vínculo]
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Videos de Tuomas   Videos de Tuomas - Página 7 Invisi11

Videos de Tuomas

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 7 de 7.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7